The Arlyn Award Society is an independent, registered tax-exempt charity based in British Columbia, Canada. The sole purpose of the organization is to administer the Arlyn Award for Outstanding Design in Puppet Theatre. The goals are to:

  1. Celebrate outstanding design in the puppet theatre.
  2. Challenge puppeteers to refine their skills as designers.
  3. Enhance the image of puppetry in the world theatre community.

The Board of Directors is responsible for the management of the Society and for the selection of each panel of independent jurors.

Thanks to the generous support of puppeteers, friends, and the family of Arlyn Coad, an endowment fund has been established to support the cash prize which accompanies the Arlyn Award. 90% of the fund’s interest is given to the Award recipient and the remaining 10% is reinvested in the endowment fund. The Society actively seeks additional donations so the cash prize will eventually be substantial. Tax receipts are issued for all donations as the Arlyn Award Society is a registered tax-exempt charity. All donations go directly to the endowment fund.

Membership in the Society is open to anyone who, without intent of any personal gain, supports the goals of the Society and is accepted by the Directors. Please contact:

Arlyn Award Society
c/o 4348 Coastview Drive
Garden Bay, BC
V0N 1S1  Canada
luman@telus.net